Madhav National Park, located near Shivpuri in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, is a well-given wildlife sanctuary and public demesne. It was firstly the stalking grounds of the Maharaja of Gwalior and was latterly declared a wildlife sanctuary in 1958. The demesne is known for its different foliage and fauna, including barracuda , leopards, deer, and a variety of raspberry species. It’s a popular destination for nature suckers and wildlife suckers.
we visited Madhav public demesne in first week of September and the rainfall was affable as it was raining. The jungle was green each around and beautiful peacocks were adding further beauty to it. In this post I’m participating my visit experience
How to reach Madhav national park
Madhav National Park in Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh, is accessible by colorful means of transportation. Then is how you can reach it
- By Air –The nearest field to Shivpuri is Gwalior Airport( about 120 kilometers down).
- By Train- Shivpuri has its own road station, and it’s well- connected to major metropolises in India. You can take a train to Shivpuri and also use original transportation like hacks or motorcars to reach the public demesne.
- By Road –Shivpuri is well- connected by road to major metropolises in Madhya Pradesh .You can drive to Shivpuri easily from all the major cities and Once you reach Shivpuri, you can interrogate locally about the stylish way to reach Madhav National Park, as it’s generally a short drive or trip from the city. Make sure to check for any specific directions or entry conditions when planning your visit.
We travelled from Delhi via Yamuna thruway and it took around 9 hours to reach Shivpuri from Delhi including a regale break of 1 hour that we took in Gwalior.
The route was :
Best time to visit Madhav national park –
The stylish time to visit Madhav National Park in Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh, is during the downtime and early spring months, which generally gauge from October to March. Then is why
- Winter( October to February)- This is the peak sightseer season as the rainfall is cool and affable. The temperature during these months ranges from around 10 °C to 25 °C( 50 °F to 77 °F), making it comfortable for wildlife safaris and out-of-door conditioning. The foliage is less thick, making it easier to spot wildlife.
- Post-Monsoon( September and March)-September and March can also be good months to visit as the rainfall begins to cool down after the thunderstorm season. It’s a bit less crowded compared to the peak downtime season, and you can still enjoy wildlifesightings.Avoid visiting during the summer months( April to June) as it can get extremely hot, with temperatures soaring above 40 °C( 104 °F), and the wildlife tends to be less active during this time. also, the demesne is closed during the thunderstorm season( July to September) due to heavy downfall andflooding.Always check the current rainfall conditions and situate opening status before planning your trip, as these factors can vary from time to time.
When visiting Madhav National Park in Shivpuri or any other wildlife sanctuary or public demesne, it’s important to follow safety measures to insure your safety as well as the preservation of the demesne’s natural terrain. Then are some safety measures to consider
- Follow Park Rules- Always cleave to the rules and regulations of the public demesne. These may include guidelines for entry, vehicle movement, and geste within the park. Stay on pronounced Trails Stick to designated paths and trails. Venturing off- trail can disrupt the ecosystem and potentially pose pitfalls to both you and the wildlife.
- Respect Wildlife -Maintain a safe distance from creatures. Don’t feed or provoke them, and avoid unforeseen movements or loud noises that could startle or stress them. Binoculars and Cameras Use binoculars and cameras with blowup lenses to observe and snap wildlife from a safe distance. Avoid getting too close.
- No Littering- Dispose of trash duly in designated lockers or carry it out with you. waste can harm the terrain and animals. No Smoking Avoid smoking within the demesne, as it can be a fire hazards. Weather mindfulness Be apprehensive of rainfall conditions in the area and be prepared for changes. Check vaccinations before your visit.
- Emergency Contact Information- Know how to communicate demesne authorities or exigency services in case of any issues. Vehicle Safety If you are driving within the demesne, observe speed limits and remain on designated roads. Wildlife can suddenly cross the roads.
- Group Size -When in a group, stay together and avoid loud exchanges that could disrupt the peace of the demesne.
By following these safety measures, you can have a safe and pleasurable experience while also contributing to the conservation sweats of the public demesne
We spotted peacocks, Nilgai, Jackal, Deers and some beautiful birds while exploring the sanctuary .
I hope this post is helpful for the people who are planning to visit Madhav National park. Follow me on instagram for such more updates.