It was time to pick up my kids from the bus stop when I bumped into one of my old friends, Shalini. After a decade I saw her and I realised she had changed so much. It brought my attention to my skin. I have always believed that beauty comes from within and if you invest in a good and healthy lifestyle it reflects on your outer self. Everything works in coordination. Skin ageing and its treatment is a gradual process and it’s possible with good care of skin, hair and even your nails.
Early signs of skin ageing and its treatment:1
- Thinning – The cell layer of the epidermis slows its rate of cell production and thins the epidermis. The dermis may become thinner. Together, these changes mean skin is more likely to crepe and wrinkle.
- Sagging – The older skin is more prone to the effects of gravity. It produces less collagen and elastin which means the skin is more likely to droop and sag.
- Wrinkles – Reduced elastin and collagen and thinning means the eyes and mouth are becoming prone to wrinkles and lines.
- Age spots – Areas exposed to the sun for long develop age spots. Also, the remaining pigment cells tend to increase in number known as age or liver spots.
- Dryness – Old skin produces less oil or sweat making the areas vulnerable to dryness, roughness or itching.
- Broken blood vessels – Blood vessels in older and thinner skin break down easily and widen permanently known as broken vessels.
Many other symptoms show that your skin is ageing early and they are different in different people. While the above points show that the skin is ageing faster internally, there are a few external reasons also that can cause your skin to age early. Let’s check what are they and if we can we avoid them to maintain our skin.
Different reasons affect healthy-looking skin:2
- Sun damage – Constant exposure to the sun can cause wrinkles and age spots.
- Smoking – It makes you look older and contributes to wrinkles. Smoking also damages collagen and elastin – the fibres that give your skin strength and elasticity.
- Skin treatment – Using harsh soaps makes your skin rough and they age at a faster speed. Not moisturizing your skin often with SPF-inclusive moisturizers can also affect your skin.
- Water intake – Drinking water detoxifies your skin and keeps it hydrated. Keep a check on your water intake with the help of various applications available on the phone.
- Stress – Isn’t stress a daily part of lifestyle today? You don’t even know which habit of yours is giving you stress at the moment. This leads to skin ageing and its treatment is available by taking care of your sleep routine. Back scale your to-do list for a short span and include doing what you enjoy the most. Setting reasonable time limits will give you remarkable results.
- Deficiency of nutrition – You may not know eating improper food at irregular times leads to nutrition deficiencies. Nutrition plays an important role in keeping you healthy and youthful.
“Everything you eat becomes a part of not only your inner being but the outer fabric of your body as well. The healthier the foods that you consume, the better your skin will look,” says Samantha Heller, MS, RD, a clinical nutritionist at NYU Medical Center in New York City.
Reversing skin damage
The damage you may have inadvertently caused to your skin may be reversible. The less attention we pay to eat a healthy diet, the more problems we may see cropping up with our skin. You could have sallow skin, dry skin, or older-looking skin.3
Skin ageing and its treatment is important for me so I researched a bit on trusted Google where I found about the UK’s No 1 beauty supplement Perfectil that’s now available in India too. Our skin, hair and nails require specific vitamins and minerals which Perfectil fulfils.4
Perfectil works by delivering nourishment through the bloodstream so work ‘from within’. Each tablet contains 22 micronutrients including Riboflavin (Vit.B2), Niacin (Vit.B3) and biotin which contribute to the maintenance of normal skin. Minerals like selenium and zinc contribute to the maintenance of normal hair and nails. It’s free of artificial colours, preservatives, lactose, yeast or gelatin, gluten-free and not tested on animals.4
A few months back, I consulted my doctor to suggest a multi-vitamin to compliment my skin. Though I consumed it for some time, the results were not satisfactory. That’s why I felt so good when I saw the Supplement selector test on the Perfectil website. Within 3 steps, I got a supplement suggestion that was exclusively for my skin and I was relieved.
Everybody is different and so are the nutritional requirements. I found my perfect match in Perfectil . Skin ageing and its treatment is possible only when you see the factors early in life that lead to premature ageing and take action on time. Skin ageing cannot be reversed but it can certainly be delayed. Choose #HealthyLivingWithVitabiotics.